Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Poland

Krakow

Poland was cold. By cold, I mean so incredibly cold. Krakow was a cute city, especially in the old town. There were a lot of little bars and restaurants made for students and everything was so cheap. I loved that part of it. Monika and I made it to Auschwitz for a day. We were freezing. But, in perspective, we were glad that we had clothes and shoes to wear. I think the weather added to the experience of Auschwitz a bit. If it were nice weather, I don't think we would have appreciated what we learned as much. We got to go in an original gas chamber and crematory as well as the restored bunkers at Birkenau. I would recommend to anyone to go to Auschwitz. It was a real eye-opening experience. You learn about these things n school, but being there is something different.

The Castle in Krakow
Poznan

In Poznan, we stayed with Monika's cousin who was oh so nice. He took us around the Oldtown which was really nice, but still cold...and we went to a potato bar with the most delicious potatoes. The Oldtown was filled with cool bars for students and cute little shops. Unfortunately we didn't get to see much, but I still really enjoyed myself.

Verdict: Solid

I'm not in a huge rush to go back to the bitter cold of Poland, but I bet it's nicer in the summer. I would definitely have to go in the Summer next time so I don't have to bear the cold again. Its the end of March! It should be spring by now! But at any rate, from what I saw, the cities we saw were full with character and history that I would love to see more of!

No comments:

Post a Comment